Poverty Eradication Initiative (PEI)
To develop a society based on three core values of sustainable human development: self-esteem, freedom of choice and tolerance; a society where everyone has equal access to opportunities and justice irrespective of gender and status.
To raise awareness at all levels regarding poverty eradication and social uplift of the poor by means of sustainable development in Pakistan, to strengthen and build their capacity to fight and overcome poverty and to assist the Government of Pakistan and other organizations working in Pakistan for eradication of poverty.
PEI is non-governmental, non-profit and non-political organization registered in 2002 under society ACT XXI 1860: Today, PEI is one of the largest Pakistani non-profit organizations (according to the Pakistan Center for Philanthropy) with bulk of our work in the health sector and $140 million worth of in-kind donations raised since 2011 alone.
Core Areas of Work
- Health care – design and implementation of innovative integrative health care systems, provision of trainings and medical supplies.
- Hygiene promotion – awareness campaigns, provision of trainings and hygiene kits.
- Emergency relief – relief supplies for people affected by natural and man-made disasters and support for health facilities in the affected areas to meet patients’ needs.
Additionally, PEI has implemented multiple projects focused on disaster management, youth empowerment and gender.
- A-64/1, Street 8, Bath Island, Near Faisal Masjid, Clifton, Karachi, ph. +92-21-3516-8074/75
- Fourth Floor, Paris Heights, Opposite Margalla Hills – 1 Apartments, Sector E-11/2, Islamabad, 44000, Pakistan ph. +92 51 2305061-2